Friday, July 11, 2008

Rain, rain go away....










We are hunkered down listening to the rain. We go to Lifest every year. It is a wonderful event with awesome music. Wednesday we saw the Robby Seay Band and Newsboys. Yesterday was Switchfoot. Well it rained, and rained and rained. Everything was delayed so we decided to get dinner, go back to the camper and watch a movie.

This morning we woke up to rain again. Unfortunately the extended forecast shows thunderstorms all the way through 6 am tomorrow. We hope that there is a small break so that Steven Curtis Chapman can play. This is his first concert back since the tragic death of his youngest daughter Maria. The Lifest folks made a banner for him which everyone has had the opportunity to sign. It is heartwarming to see the support.

Today we are going to hit the laundry mat, take in a movie at the theater and spend the rest of the time playing board games. What would make today an exceptional day would be if I would call home and find out that our I171- has arrived ....

Update: Called home. No 171, but the rain has stopped !

5 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

you are one cool family, Hope the rain stops : )
xxx
s

Ron said...

It's hard on vacation when it rains, I still hope you had a good time.

Eileen said...

You never got back to me to let you know you were going to be there! I was there Wednesday night and I'll be there today (Friday) and tomorrow - wish I knew where your campsite is! Do you still have my cell phone #? I'll have it with me - call me! Hope you get this while you're there!

JMCS said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast! Sorry to hear that you got so much rain. I have my fingers crossed that your I-171H is in the mail when you get home.

hugs,
Jonni

junglemama said...

What a fun day!