Friday, April 17, 2009

The kids are off for Easter Break. I am officially back at work. Eli is doing great. He is such a happy boy. We filed the paperwork for our readoption. It will take place May25th. Eli loves to draw pictures of our family. I love it when he tells us who we are. All the people have smiling faces. I think that is a good sign.



Russ is losing his battle with cancer. He is no longer able to care for himself. Today he was started on a morphine drip. We still have him at home. I am proud to help care for him. The only good thing about this terrible cancer is that I have had this time with him. Russ is a man that truly gave us his whole heart and soul. May the time he has left be that of comfort and peace.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Such wonderful pictures from Eli. Looks like Dad is playing basketball. I hope everything is going well:)

Don and Be said...

Looks like we'll have simultaneous readoptions on May 25 - that is Joanna Mei's date as well. Our attourney adopted from China about 10 years ago, so needless to say, he has a heart for this procedure.
So sorry about Russ' battle. How good is it though, that he has a big family surrounding him.

Sammy said...

I think Eli's art work is a good sign too!