Thursday, January 12, 2006

Our Story


Here is our story on why we decided to adopt.

Our journey began November 30th, 2004 when I had an incredible dream were David and I were being handed a beautiful Asian girl. I was so moved by it that I mentioned it to David. A few days later I saw a short snip of the future National Geographic special on "The Lost Daughters of China" with this we decided to have faith and look at what adoption would entail. We had never discussed or looked into adoption so we were shocked and overwehlmed when typing "adoption" how many agencies popped up. We were immediately drawn to a Christian agency called America World Adoption Agency. We applied on-line and found out right before Christmas we were accepted. Thus the paper chase followed and so did physicals, background checks, social worker visits, fingerprinting, home inspection, financial statements and so on......every piece of paper had to be authenticated and certified. It took us about 4 1/2 months to complete the paper chase and our dossier was sent to China on May 13th. We then received our LID of June 3rd. It is 8-9 months from the LID that we hope to get a call telling us that we have a new daughter.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi there! Looks like we have some things in common! We also have 4 children (Boy-Girl-boy-boy?) and are hoping to be DTC very soon. I was glad to hear that I am not the only one dreaming about china-girls. When I was about 10 I had a dream about walking into a room filled with metal bars. Behind the bars was a little girl. I was overcome by a feeling that I had to get her out of there and take her home. I didn't think about this dream again until we were just about to start the paperchase. I came across a picture of the inside of a SWI. Now I know that what I saw was our little girl stuck in her crib in China! I'll keep an eye on your blog. Your referral will be here before you know it! -Jenn
www.boutonbrood.blogspot.com