Saturday, July 08, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

Today was a busy "Official" day. We traveled by bus to have Mia-Faiths medical exam. There were three stations. The first was height, weight and temperature. Mia weighs 8.6 Kg. Next was a ENT exam and then the medical/surgical exam. She passed all of the tests even though she screamed bloody-murder the entire time. We hit a mall and then returned to the hotel for a nap. Mia napped for 4 1/2 hours. I napped for 1 hour and then went to the AWAA paperwork party. We sat and did paperwork for about 3 hours. I had to stay and complete additional forms since I am here without Dave. All of the documents get reviewed Monday morning. All of the families have to stay in the rooms on Monday in case there are questions.
After the paperwork party Brenda, Mia and I went to do some shopping. I had to buy a suitcase. (Sorry Stephanie, your suitcase leg busted off in the Fuzhou airport.)
I have a real hard time bartering with some of the little stores around here. Things are so cheap and knowing the culture and how hard some people work....For example we found this little store. When we were looking around and picking items the owners wife came in with their adorable little boy. He was all of 5 months old. He had his little split pants on and was so cute. Well how could I barter when all I was spending was 240 RMB or $30.00 for 7 items.
Big news- Mia-Faith has smiled a few times today when I have tickled her. She is looking around and actually wandered around our hotel room. She also was talking to herself in her crib, These may sound like such simple things but they are huge events.

No comments: