Sunday, February 22, 2009

Making plans !



Where we are at with things:

Elijah's medical appointments are scheduled for when we return. We will start with our local pediatrician and if needed seek care at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.

We have added Elijah to our Medical Insurance. Effective the day we meet him and sign the harmonization papers.

Elijah is registered for school. Our school district has a great ESL program. Eli will start Kindergarten when we return. Fortunately there is another Chinese boy in the classroom ( The boy is the son of a family that owns a local Chinese restaurant.)

Packing - I have started packing. I packed a small pull train that I impulsively purchased when we saw his beautiful picture. I also have a backpack full of goodies that I will give to him on GOTCHA day. It has a notebook, crayons, 2 workbooks, Chinese candies, Chinese puzzle and playdough in it.

I have also gathered the gifts that we need to bring for the orphanage and Chinese officials. Thanks Sara for your left over items !

My goal this week is to get through all the paperwork that I need to take to China.

Madeline and I will be leaving on Friday, March 6th and we will be hugging our boy on the 9th !!

4 comments:

Don and Be said...

Someone must have been a Girl Scout ..... you folks are prepared!

Ron said...

Oooooh so exciting! The day will be here before you know it. I hope to see lots of pics.

Good luck with your travels:)

Busy Mama said...

Brings back memories!!! Excited for you!

Steffie B. said...

OMW.....can't wait....