Monday, March 09, 2009

Just what I needed....

Last night was rough. Eli finally fell asleep on the around at 9pm. He is still wearing at least 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants. I have not slept a wink. As I sit here now he looks so peaceful, I am praying that we just get through today. We are off to the civil affair building to finish the adoption paperwork. I have a feeling that will remind him of yesterday and his sadness. I have to say that the comments left here and sent to my e-mail are exactly what I needed to hear. Hopefully those and all the Our Fathers, Hail Mary's and private prayers I said will give me the strength that I need.
He is an amazing little boy ~
Thanks everyone !

8 comments:

Chris P-M said...

Shelly, What a cute little guy you have!!! What a good sign that Eli is able to grieve...and that he was attached to folks who loved him. It is also proof that he'll attach to your family once he has been able to move forward. (It must be so hard to watch him go through this though!) We're thinking about you and your family...

The Morgan Family

Ashley said...

What a handsome boy! I am so sorry for his pain, I will lift him up. He will soon understand your kindness.

Thinking about you.

Ashley

Jill W said...

His entire world has been turned upside down, but only for the better. I am sure he sees the love in your eyes. You will make it through this. We are all praying for all of you.

Ron said...

This is definately a big chance for Eli. Glad to know he slept through the night.

You are in my thoughts. I couldn't wait to get home today and check the blog. I told some co-workers about my friends adopting from China today. They were happy for you.

sherry said...

Hi Shelly-Eli is such a cutie! I am so sorry he is so upset. Those cries are so heartbreaking to listen to. Hopefully today will be able to understand a little better what is going on and it will be easier for him. We are praying for you and thinking of you. Tyler (and the rest of us!)can't wait to meet him. Take care and hang in there.

Sherry

Barbara said...

Praying for you and your relationship to only grow deeper and deeper each day, each minute with your new son (and brother!). hang in there, keep doing what you're doing ... love the pics.

Valeri said...

It won't be an easy adjustment at first. I know it won't be easy to watch him grieve. Each day WILL get better and better once he starts to understand that you are his forever family.

Chelley said...

I hope and pray that today will be ok...

And that Eli will be able to work though his pain and loss of what hes known...

I will pray that he will feel safe as he gets to know you... And know you are going to be a FOREVER family!!